Monday, January 21, 2013

Sister School



            They told me that I could get help at the sister school.  The sister school had special services for kids like me.  They told me that the sister school had the same classes, followed the same curriculum, and was just like the school I attended now.  The only difference was that the school was in another town, with a service that could help me.  But they told me it was my decision.  They tried desperately to get me to go to the sister school. 
I asked them how I would survive at that school without my friends.  The friends who had my back since we were in grade school.  How would I do without my friends in my classes? My friends and I would chat during lunch, work on group projects, and help each other.  What would I do at the sister school, knowing that I knew no one?  How would my friends feel if they knew I choose the sister school over them? 
What about the teachers who helped me at school?  I would never see them during the school day.  Mr. M would no longer say “hi” to me, Mrs. C would no longer tell me “good luck”, and Ms. B would no longer give me a pat on the back.  All my support would be gone. 
Why does the sister school offer a different special services?  Even though it is under the same district?  At this school I get extra time and a reader for exams, but at the sister school I could be in smaller mainstream classes and have in classroom lunch when I did not want to deal with the loud noise in the cafeteria.  Although they could help me, I could never leave my friends who were my main support.  I have difficulty talking to people and making new friends.  I would be even more depressed.
So they can keep telling me how great the program is at the sister school. How I would be better off there and that they can give me better support then here, but my answer will always be the same.  I want to stay.  I want to see my friends and teachers everyday at school because they are the ones who really help me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment