Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stranded




“Mom! Dad!” I yelled but there was no answer. I got up from the debris and started to look around but I could not see anything through the smoke. I called their names again, but I received no answer. Then I saw a light.
“They’re here!” I exclaimed to myself and ran to hide under a broken wing from the ship. I kept low and quiet and watched as the vehicle searched for any survivors, I started to pray to God that they would not find me. When I saw the vehicle leave, I got out from my hiding space but then another vehicle spotted me.
“A survivor!”
I got up and ran as fast as I could through the broken pieces of the spaceship. I could hear the hunters shooting their laser guns at me. Just when I thought I was going to die, a man came out and fought the two hunters. While they were fighting, I was able to find a place to hide in the debris and watch from a distance.
The man wore a cloak and I saw the crest, the crest had the symbol delta on it, and the delta covered a picture of the Milky Way galaxy. From the crest, I knew that the man was part of the Galactic Police Force or GPF. The man was able to get the hunters to go away and after fighting them, he came over to me. From my pocket I got out a knife, just in case if he was an imposter.
“I was trained to fight,” I said but the policeman just stared at me. He got on his knees and looked at me face to face.
“There is nothing to be afraid of. I’ll make sure you return to your home planet,” he said and then he looked at my crest. The crest I wore symbolized the planet I was from.
“You’re a long way from home. Are you hungry? Come with me, I’ll get you something to eat and drink,” He slowly grabbed my hand with the knife in it and I gave it to him. I knew that he could help me return home.
“What’s your name?”
“Andrex,”

“Mr. Moslow! Welcome home! How was work?” I asked when he arrived home. Mr. Moslow patted me on the head with a big smile on his face.
“My day was good. I got in touch with your home planet. A ship will be on its way to pick you up next week,” He said after giving me a hug.
“Andy, want to play Mario Kart with me?” asked Tracy and I nodded.
Mr. and Mrs. Moslow both worked for the Galactic Police Force, but Mr. Moslow was the one who worked in the field while Mrs. Moslow was part of a forensics team. Their children don’t know about their work and believe they work for their home world police force. Mr. Moslow had to inform me that their planet knows nothing about other life forms and believe that they are the only planet with any living humans. I remembered mom and dad telling me that there were planets in the universe that still did not know that there were other humans out there because they were not ready.
“The wii is broken,” Tracy said frustrated and disappointed.
“I bet I can fix it,” I told her and walked over to the device. I got out a screwdriver and undid a few screws to look inside. I found what the problem was and fixed it. I closed it back up and it was working as if it was brand new.
“Wow, how did you do that? You must be really smart,” Tracy told me.
“It’s a gift,” I told her forgetting that the children on this planet knew very little about mathematics and science.
“Tracy, you have to go to your tutor soon,” Mr. Moslow said. Tracy sighed, I knew she hated math and I wished I could help her, but Mr. Moslow told me that I could not give away to anyone that I knew so much. Including his children.
“Andy. Mrs. Moslow went out to buy stuff for dinner. I’m taking Tracy to her tutor and the boys are out. You’ll be home alone for a while. Are you alright with that?” Mr. Moslow asked and I nodded. They left.
I went to the guest room, where I was staying, and got out a book. It was a book from my home planet. The book was filled with pictures of my family. I opened it and the first picture was of my parents and I on planet X-13 when I was two. My parents are smiling and laughing while holding me. My mother gave me a kiss and I giggled while my father held us both. It was very difficult for me to believe that they were gone.
I heard the door unlock and I closed my book because the book would give away evidence of things that this planet thought were impossible. When the door opened I saw Mr. Moslow run in. He was out of breath and I knew something was wrong.
“Andrex,” he said using my full name, “They’re here, the hunters. They are looking for you. I informed my family, we have to leave now. Get your stuff we are leaving now,” I quickly grabbed my backpack and Mr. Moslow took me by the hand. I heard a loud noise from the kitchen as if someone just broke in. That’s when I knew the hunters were there.
“Give us the boy!” a hunter yelled. Mr. Moslow and I turned around to face the hunter. Mr. Moslow was ready to fight, but I used my power of telekinesis to push the man back into a wall. I pushed him so hard that he fell unconscious.
“Good job, Andrex. Let’s go. We have to go,” But there were more hunters and we ran into the back woods. We were able to blend into the woods and then it was silent. Mr. Moslow looked around and then down at me.
“Andrex, keep going straight and you will go into town. Once there, get on a bus. Any bus. Stay on there until someone from the GPF finds you. You got that? Here is some money. You have to run, I’ll fight them off. Run as fast as you can. I know you have the power of super speed so run as fast as you can. As fast as you can, you understand? Go, go, go!” I then took off. I never saw Mr. Moslow or his family again.

“Get off this bus! Get off! I won’t allow pathetic urchins on this bus! It’s bad business. Go or I’ll call the cops! Get out of here!” yelled the bus driver. He picked me up by the collar and grabbed my backpack. He then threw me and my stuff off the bus.
“Let me back on! I have money! Please!” I begged. He turned around, grabbed the wheel and drove off.
I looked around and I found myself in a small suburban area and I thought that maybe someone would find me. I wiped the dust from my clothes and from my bag and walked into town. When I found a bus stop, I sat on the bench and waited for the next bus to arrive.
“What’s a boy like you doing waiting for a bus?” asked a lady. I looked up and just stared at her.
“Anyway the bus doesn’t stop here anymore. I just wanted to inform you,” she said and walked away. But I sat there, thinking that someone from the GPF would find me and then another woman stopped by.
“Are you lost little boy?” she asked and I shook my head.
“Where is your mother?”
“Not here,” I answered. She looked worried and walked over to a man who wore a funny brown hat with a brown uniform on. He crossed the street and came over to me.
“Hey son, where are your folks?” I said nothing but I started to get nervous.
“Are you a runaway?”
“No sir,” I answered.
“What’s your name?”
“Andy”
“Where are you from Andy?”
“I don’t know.” The man who must had been an officer started talking to the nice beautiful lady who talked to me. The two of them seemed to agree on something.
“Do you have a place to stay?” He asked me and I said no.
After staying at the police office for an hour, the nice lady said that I could stay with her until someone came to help me. She said that she had a son about my age name Joe.
“Joseph!” she yelled and a fat boy with curly hair came to the door. His mother explained the situation and his was happy to show me his room. His room had an extra bed that I could sleep on.
“You’ll like it here. It’s a nice town,” he said with a big grin on his face. I could tell that Joe was just as nice as his mother.
“I like to do magic. Can you do any magic?” he asked me.
“Yeah,” I said and showed him all the tricks I could do, but the truth was they weren’t tricks; they were my power of telekinesis.
“Can you teach me to do those tricks?” Joe asked. I smiled at him and nodded. Then his mother called us for dinner and Joe ran down stairs.
Before going downstairs, I looked out the window to see the backyard and other people’s backyard. I knew that the hunters would have a difficult time trying to find me in a place like this, but so would the GPF.
“Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I’m okay,”

No comments:

Post a Comment